Garlic places an aura, visualized by three rotating concentric circles, around the player, dealing damage to every enemy who is inside of it.
Cooldown acts similar to Hitbox Delay for Garlic. Damage will be dealt instantly to an enemy if they have never been in the circle before, after which they cannot be hit by it again until the Garlic's Cooldown is over, even if they temporarily leave its area.
Enemies hit by Garlic will take more knockback and become more vulnerable to freeze. If the enemy is not immune to debuffs, each hit applies +0.3 knockback to the enemy until the maximum knockback they can take and -0.1 to freeze resistance until it reaches 0.
|Level 1||"Damages nearby enemies. Reduces resistance to knockback and freeze."|
|Level 2||Base area up by 40%. Base damage up by 2.|
|Level 3||Cooldown reduced by 0.1 seconds. Base damage up by 1.|
|Level 4||Base area up by 20%. Base damage up by 1.|
|Level 5||Cooldown reduced by 0.1 seconds. Base damage up by 2.|
|Level 6||Base area up by 20%. Base damage up by 1.|
|Level 7||Cooldown reduced by 0.1 seconds. Base damage up by 1.|
|Level 8||Base area up by 20%. Base damage up by 1.|
With Limit Break, Garlic can be further leveled up.
- Base Damage +1
- See Combos for a list of all item interactions.
Stats and passive items
- Makes the weapon fire more rapidly when moving from Tragic Princess (III)
- Affected by Area
- Affected by Might and Area
- Indirectly affected by bonuses to Might and Area
- Indirectly affected by bonuses to Area
- Indirectly affected by bonuses to Might and Cooldown
- The debuffs applied by Garlic are its most useful ability late game. Strong enemies that take multiple hits to kill will be easier to keep at bay thanks to increased knockback, and some boss enemies can become vulnerable to freezing when kept in the circle for long enough.
- Combined with a weapon to constantly knock enemies away, such as Unholy Vespers or Mannajja, Garlic can enable the player to sit entirely still.
- Clock Lancet has natural synergy with Garlic; Garlic decreases the enemy's resistance to freezing, allowing the Clock Lancet to freeze bosses, and even very powerful frozen enemies can easily be killed by keeping the Garlic's area of effect over them.
- Garlic works well when paired with Attractorb, as enemies that die instantly to the Garlic may drop experience just out of reach of the player.
- Garlic's aura can kill most weak enemies instantly. Killing weak enemies quickly can lead to windfalls of experience and set up much earlier. Even in later waves, some swarms of enemies can still be instantly killed by it.
- This weapon is inspired by the garlic item from the Castlevania series. The weapon's sprite is extremely similar to the item and the effect is also similar as the item paralyzes and inflicts continuous minor damage to enemies.