The player can unlock this character by killing a total of 3000 Skeletons then purchasing with 500, which scales with other characters purchased. Alternatively, he can be unlocked by entering by typing up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, escape, enter while in main menu, which also gives you 2,800.
Mortaccio gains +1 Amount every 20 levels until level 60. The maximum Amount gained this way is +3.
The following table shows how much Amount he gains by level:
- Mortaccio has no bonuses before level 20, making him particularly hard to start with compared to other characters. Once level 20, Mortaccio will be comparable to Gennaro, as both have +1 Amount.
- Mortaccio, Cavallo, Ramba and O'Sole have identical passives and stats and only differ in starting weapons.
- Mortaccio's name refers to the old-time insult "Li mortacci tua" (roughly translated to "to your f***ing dead relatives") used mainly in Rome.
- Mortaccio, Cavallo, Ramba, O'Sole, and Ambrojoe are able to get the highest persistent Amount in the game at level 60 with 2 levels of Duplicator and the Amount PowerUp, adding a total of 6 projectiles to all applicable weapons.
- Ambrojoe gains +10 Amount as a starting bonus, but quickly loses said Amount as they level up.
- The secret code for unlocking him is the famous Konami Code.