The player can select up to 6 different passive items from level ups, but it is possible to carry more by picking up passive items that generate with the stage. Most passive items must be unlocked before they can be offered to the player.
All passive items can be used to evolve a particular normal weapon each to a stronger one.
There are 17 normal types of passive items in the game. Additionally, 4 special passive items are unlocked after obtaining the Yellow Sign, that also cannot be initially obtained from level ups.
|List of Passive Items|
|Icon||Item||Description||Max level||Rarity||Effects||Unlock requirements|
|Spinach||Raises inflicted damage by 10%.||5||100||Unlocked by default|
|Armor||Reduces incoming damage by 1. Increases retaliatory damage by 10%.||5||100||Unlocked by default|
|Hollow Heart||Augments max health by 20%.||5||90||Survive for 1 minute as any character|
|Pummarola||Character recovers 0.2 HP per second.||5||90||Survive for 5 minutes as Gennaro Belpaese|
|Empty Tome||Reduces weapons cooldown by 8%.||5||50||Have 6 different weapons simultaneously|
|Candelabrador||Augments area of attacks by 10%.||5||100||Level up the Santa Water to level 4|
|Bracer||Increases projectiles speed by 10%.||5||100||Level up the King Bible to level 4|
|Spellbinder||Increases duration of weapon effects by 10%.||5||100||Level up the Runetracer to level 7|
|Duplicator||Weapons fire more projectiles.||2||50||Level up the Magic Wand to level 7|
|Wings||Character moves 10% faster.||5||50||Reach level 5 as any character|
|Attractorb||Character pickups items from further away.||5||100||Pick up a Vacuum|
|Clover||Character gets 10% luckier.||5||100||Pick up a Little Clover|
|Crown||Character gains 8% more experience.||5||80||Reach level 10 as any character|
|Stone Mask||Character earns 10% more coins.||5||80||Unlocked by picking it up in Inlaid Library (details on item page)|
|Tiragisú||Character revives with 50% health once.||2||40||Unlocked by surviving for 20 minutes with Krochi|
|Skull O'Maniac||Increases enemy speed, health, quantity, and frequency by 10%.||5||40||Unlocked by surviving for 30 minutes with Lama|
|Silver Ring||Wear ... Clock ...||9||10||Unlocked after obtaining Yellow Sign|
|Gold Ring||... With ... Lancet||9||10||Unlocked after obtaining Yellow Sign|
|Metaglio Left||Channels dark powers to protect the bearer.||9||10||Unlocked after obtaining Yellow Sign|
|Metaglio Right||Channels dark powers to curse the bearer.||9||10||Unlocked after obtaining Yellow Sign|
|Torrona's Box||Cursed item, but increases Might, Projectile Speed, Duration, and Area by 4%.||9||40||Have 6 different evolutions weapons simultaneously|
On each normal Stage, certain passive items spawn on the map. Milky Way Map displays the locations of these items. Each item is guaranteed to appear at least once, but certain items have a chance of spawning more than once, depending on the starting Luck.
Stages spawn the following items:
- Mad Forest: Spinach, Hollow Heart, Pummarola, Clover, Skull O'Maniac.
- Up to 3 more Spinach (40%, 30%, 10%) may be spawned.
- Up to 3 more Clovers (30%, 20%, 10%) may be spawned.
- Inlaid Library: Stone Mask, Empty Tome.
- Up to 3 more Empty Tomes (40%, 30%, 20%) may be spawned.
- Dairy Plant: Attractorb, Candelabrador, Wings, Armor.
- Gallo Tower: Bracer, Spellbinder.
- Cappella Magna: Duplicator, Crown, Tiragisú.
- Moongolow and Boss Rash: All normal passives except Torrona's Box.
- With Yellow Sign, the following passives will spawn in all stages: Silver Ring, Gold Ring, Metaglio Left, Metaglio Right.
Upon moving to an item, it can be picked up or discarded. If you already have the item, it grants a free level if not at max level. If you already have 6 or more passive items, it becomes an additional passive item and can be thereafter upgraded from level ups. If discarded, the item disappears and can no longer be picked up.
- It is wise to devote the majority of your passive item slots (at least 4) with stats that benefits weapons like Might, Area, Projectile Speed, Duration, Cooldown, and Amount. Save items that you only get for evolutions like Armor, Wings, Stone Mask, etc. for after you have already have a clear direction of your build.